RAM 1500 parking lights - not as in USA

Dodge-Forum

Help Support Dodge-Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I would like to upgrade my projector headlights from 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie with LED daytime running lights in the form of switchbacks:
[youtube]hOiQg7xyG50[/youtube]

After exchanging a few mails with RetroShop, I realized that my parking lights were modified, probably because of EU laws - in USA, parking lights are actually dimmed LED turn signals, whereas EU models have them custom installed into the bumper, where the fog lights are.
To make it more clear:
parkinglights.jpg

Now, before I start removing the grille, headlights, and checking the wiring harness - would anyone know, how did the modification facility re-wire the parking lights into the bumper? Is the modification visible if I check the harness (was the parking light's wire simply pulled out from the harness and re-routed into bumper) or is this hidden somewhere? The wire is pin #2 in green color, by the way.

Thanks!

I had the same issue with my truck because I like to go back from EU white parking light (in the fog lights) to US yellow parking light in the headlights.

It is pretty easy... you have to follow the two cables from each flog light to the headlights and disconnect them. And then there are two or maybe three cables on each side that you have solder together. It is easy... look on the color code to see witch cable is a pair.

There are also some not factory mount cables that goes to the driver... these are for the blinkers in the back. So don't disconnect them.

Did you have still your driving lights to sell? If yes please PM me!

Oben